The Account Manager will plan and execute strategic and tactical plans to achieve the sales objectives assigned to them. The primary focus of the Account Manager is to:
- Sustain and grow the sales and profitability of the company's products/services within their region;
- Identify and develop new business within their region;
- Support the marketing efforts of the company;
- Maintain and expand their territory and increase product knowledge to consumers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet or exceed assigned sales and profit objectives within assigned territory.
- Contribute regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans, budgets and reviews; prepare and execute action plans across territory.
- Lead the company's efforts in sales calls, presentations, demonstrations, and proposals related to our products and programs.
- Direct our support resources in analyzing the customers' business and develop solutions to fit their needs.
- Accomplishes company resource objectives by training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned region; communicating job expectations; reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation.
- Provide timely reporting of account and territory management activities to National Sales Manager.
- Drive and coordinate regular account planning sessions.
- Protect and increase a profitable revenue stream with current accounts. Seek out expansion opportunities to further gain accounts with existing/new products.
- Maintain a commitment to the company's sales policies and procedures; represent the company in a professional manner; value our code of ethics.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors and their presence in assigned territory; identify new business opportunities.
- Evaluate trade spending and implement promotions/incentives that accomplish region objectives.
- Communicate customer requirements/standards, identify opportunities for improvement, and help drive change.