This role works with insurance brokers, carriers and administrators to effectively market prospects and/or renewals for Self-Funded benefits insurance.
BenefitMall employees currently work from home (remote) and will transition to a hybrid model eventually. Our teams collaborate using video and screen sharing technology which means you'll feel like you're part of the team while also enjoying the convenience of remote work.
At BenefitMall, an industry leading provider of benefits services, we believe that it takes great employees to build a resilient organization. Our culture is based on corporate values that focus on inclusion, trust, collaboration, and innovation to help us build a bright future. As a result of listening to our employees, BenefitMall earned a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award based solely on employee feedback and insight! If you want to work for a company where employees are valued and growth is encouraged, BenefitMall could be the place. Find out today!
- Represents Company services in a positive and professional manner to ensure continued sales and Company growth by developing positive business relationships with agents/brokers and Administrators.
- Develop a good understanding of Carrier contracts and nuances.
- Develops increasing knowledge of insurance industry markets, products, and legal environments to provide a value-added service to agents/brokers.
- Works in tandem with Broker Sales Executive and Sr. Broker Sales Executives to effectively assist agents/brokers or Administrators in placing their business with BenefitMall.
- Accurately and effectively prepare broker or Administrator requests for proposals.
- Communicate timely with broker or administrator for any additional information required to complete RFP.
- Advise broker or Administrator on appropriateness of contract type and specific deductible levels.
- Work with carriers on prospects and/or renewal business to ensure the quotes are competitive in the market.
- Negotiate rates, lasers, etc with carrier underwriters to provide our broker/administrator partners with best options for their client.
- Underwrite the prospect/renewal (Aggregate calculations, Plan change credit estimations, Specific Reinsurance and Actuarial estimates, Laser and/or Large Claim estimates).
- Accurately and timely preparation of RFP spreadsheet for proposal presentations of all marketed cases/renewals.
- Accurate and timely preparation of renewals on existing book of business to achieve maximize retention.
- Obtain all final information, plan document, reporting, etc. for policy issuance.
- Determines when problems or issues need to be escalated to management.
- Occasionally meet on-site/off-site with Brokers or Administrators.
- A minimum of 3 years of related experience in the Self Funded group health industry is required.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Self Funding, underwriting guidelines, and medical conditions/terminology.
- TPA experience is a plus.
- Understanding of insurance products preferably attained through working in an insurance marketing or selling program.
- Insurance Producer's License preferred.
- Read, comprehend, and interpret carrier requirements, underwriting procedures and policies.
- Strong knowledge and skills in negotiating with carriers, brokers and Administrators.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships.
- Provide positive customer service.
- Analyze and resolve problems to assist agents/brokers in presenting the best solution to prospective clients.
- Determine when issues need to be escalated to a higher level.
- Manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Experience with Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as web browsers.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent required, but Associates or Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Who We Are:
At BenefitMall, we believe a company is only as good as its investment in an employee's future. We offer professional growth and tuition reimbursement, a rewarding wellness program, and numerous employee discount programs. In addition to our family centered, casual work environment, joining our team means receiving competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits, paid time-off, employer-paid holidays, and 401(k) match.
When you join BenefitMall, you aren't just starting a new job, you become an important part of our growing and collaborative team. With over 40 years of providing benefits services nationally, BenefitMall is an industry-leader dedicated to offering top-notch solutions to our clients.
We are an EOE F/M/D/V
BenefitMall provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.