Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) is a well-established and progressive defense contracting company in the Northern Virginia area just a few miles south of the Pentagon. We are a professional services firm established in 1972 that has a long-standing reputation for unrivaled technical and analytical support to some of the top decision makers in the Federal Sector. We do state of the art work and have a cadre of outstanding professionals on our team.
SPA's Surety Programs Group (SPG) delivers industry-leading and innovative services (analysis/consulting) and products (hardware/software) that enable safe and secure operations for our nation's most critical missions.
SPA is hiring for an Administrative Assistant to provide support at the Washington Navy Yard. #CJ #IN123
This position provides on-site (Washington Navy Yard), general administrative support to help facilitate the overall order and day-to-day functions of the Navy's Strategic Systems Programs, Nuclear Weapons Surety Acquisition and Operations Branch. Job responsibilities include providing a wide variety of programmatic and administrative support, including:
- Managing schedules by maintaining calendars, setting appointments, responding to invitations, and keeping managers informed of constantly changing situations.
- Routing and tracking internal and external written communication.
- Developing and refining processes and systems to manage branch work-flow.
- Scheduling meetings and managing both virtual and in-person conference rooms.
- Preparing and coordinating office communications, memorandum, and correspondence according to Department of the Navy Correspondence Manual.
- Typing and distributing meeting notes.
- Editing files and documents.
- Maintaining files and electronic files, databases, and business unit calendars.
- Scheduling meetings.
- Scheduling travel and preparing vouchers after travel in a timely manner.
- Monitoring internal and external communications.
- Maintaining, updating, and editing a variety of weekly documents and reports.
- Maintaining program organizational chart.
- Assisting in on-boarding new personnel and ensuring workspace accommodations.
- Ordering Supplies.
- Coordinating efforts among ~20 government employees.
- Compiling technical, financial, and other project/program information for inclusion in reports and presentations.
- Other related duties, as required.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience in office administration or a related field.
- 3-5 years' experience providing programmatic and administrative support in a dynamic office environment.
- Ability to communicate with senior personnel, exercise discretion, and maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have a DoD SECRET clearance to start and be able to obtain Top Secret (and maintain while employed with SPA).
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Familiarity in drafting and routing Naval correspondence and instructions.
- Experience with DoD/Navy acquisition programs.