Zurich is looking to hire a Middle Markets Associate Underwriting Manager to lead the Middle Markets production underwriting team in New York! In this role you will drive strategy, cultivate relationships with key brokers and provide coaching and development to a team of market facing Underwriters. The team is focused on complex multi-line property and casualty package underwriting and as the manager you will to aid in making appropriate underwriting decisions.
Responsibilities may include:
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- Complete detailed opportunity assessment with key distributors to identify growth opportunities.
- Qualify accounts to meet with the organization's appetite, balanced with sound business opportunity.
- Make agent/broker/customer and on-sight calls with a planned and well-prepared purpose.
- Negotiate Terms & Conditions and close deals.
- Cross-Sell other lines of business to increase product density with the account.
- Participate in Sales Team meetings as related to assigned brokers and / or territory.
- Provide continuous coaching on sales best practices.
- Develop strong broker and client networks as related to industries underwritten by Business unit.
- Monitor and identify market trends and coverage exposure developments.
- Build productive internal relationships with support service partners.
- Responsible for the evaluation, professional development, training and coaching of underwriters. Convey knowledge to staff to aid in making appropriate underwriting decisions.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 5 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 10 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 3 or more years of experience in the Underwriting or Market Facing area
- Zurich Certified Insurance Apprentice including an Associate Degree and 8 or more years of experience in the Claims or Underwriting Support area
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced knowledge of line/s of business
- Ability to manage and build rapport with team
- Excellent organizational, written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of the insurance industry and the legal and regulatory guidelines
- 6 months or more of supervisory or management experience
- Established broker relationships in NYC
- Advanced skills in relationship building, active listening, needs analysis, and win-win negotiating
- Strong presentation skills and a solutions and service orientation
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols ( ), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or a negative COVID test result when applicable, to a third-party vendor. These protocols are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers' expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM - New York Virtual Office
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-AK1