The category analyst will work directly with the Account Manager and the customer's buying team, providing sales support via category reviews, assortment recommendations, business strategy recommendations, and regular market trend reporting. The analyst is responsible for delivering impactful summaries that highlight opportunities for growth for the customer's category and company sales.
The category analyst will develop category opportunity plans for key customers with knowledge of syndicated data including IRI and Spectra. He/she will ensure data integrity and develop standardized templates for ongoing market/consumer updates. He/she will team with the Sales Account Executives in the annual sales/marketing planning process. The candidate is responsible to monitor category trends, track competitive activity, discover opportunity gaps and review best pricing/promotional strategies. He/she will also be key in creating and maintaining plan-o-grams for key customers.
- Prepare category reviews for key customers
- Key account tasks - POG/assortment, pricing/promotional strategy
- Correspond/communicate with customers and internal sales staff
- Assist sales departmental members as necessary
- All other related duties as assigned
- Self starter and driven to deliver strong results
- Skillfully persuades others to support important initiatives and acts in the best interests of the company
- Communicates a deep understanding of the business to our customers and upper management
- Continuously evaluates customer's best interests and develops solutions that exceed expectations
- Anticipates business opportunities and challenges and drives long-term strategies while maintaining a focus on shorter-term objectives
- Works collaboratively and effectively with colleagues across multiple departments throughout the company