We have a business with purpose and are looking for passionate, innovative people like you to join our team! INSURICA has built a rewarding environment for Colleagues and continues to uphold our solid customer pledge by "Specializing in You".
INSURICA has over 600 employees across 3 time zones, 6 states, and 30+ locations nationwide. We are among the 50 largest insurance brokers in the US and are currently the 23rd largest privately held independent agency in the country.
We take pride in our welcoming and diverse culture, internal growth opportunity, and robust compensation and benefit package. INSURICA provides our Colleagues with cutting edge resources, tools, and support so that we can be the best at what we do.
The Commercial Account Manager assists commercial clients with service needs, making changes to accounts, meeting service and sales delivery standards, and performing essential functions to achieve the quality and service standards developed by the agency. This position will provide assistance to Producers/Account Executives in the handling and processing of new and renewal commercial business to achieve the high level of quality and service standards developed by the agency.
- Complete applications for new and renewal business, prepare proposals and complete application in coordination with producers, submit applications to eligible and appropriate carriers, obtain client signatures on all applications when requested, and follow-up to ensure timely receipt of quotations and policies
- Perform all necessary rating sufficient for policy quotation and/or issuance on carrier website or rating programs
- Calculate premium when company-rating program is available. Responsible for the issuance of binders, invoices, and resolving carrier accounting discrepancies
- Prepare proposals, binders, certificates, account summaries, endorsements, policies, lost policy releases and account balance status. Ensure items are delivered and/or mailed to client. Initiate correspondence with companies and clients. Maintain follow-up and suspense file on outstanding orders, correspondence, audits, reports, reporting forms, and follow-up on overdue suspense items
- Maintain expiration control log
- Request renewals, endorsements and other needed data from the companies and insureds
- Solicit Producer/Account Executive assistance when necessary in order to issue coverage in a timely and efficient manner. Bind coverage within Agency Underwriting Authority
- Check new and renewal policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations and promptly handle for accuracy in rating, typing, coverage, signatures and input these transactions to generate billing invoices and quality products for our customers
- Maintain electronic files in an orderly, up-to-date manner
- Determine reasons for requests for cancellations and notify Producers according to agency standards. Process cancellation requests to carriers to ensure accurate and timely resolution
- Comply with the requests from clients and companies and refer to the Producer/Account Executive
- Refer current and prospective clients to Employee Benefits Department and to Personal Insurance Department for solicitation of those lines of business or to a Commercial Producer
- Participate in seminars and other training to maintain required licenses and for knowledge and skill development. Meet with Company representative to update carrier appetite, underwriting guidelines, etc.
- Review all activities relating to the public, customers and companies to avoid issues involving potential errors and omissions
- Adherence to Company policies and procedures
- Ability to fulfill job responsibilities through acceptable attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Self-starter, organized and displays good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player and willing to find accommodating solutions for our customers, companies, and Agency
- Ability to understand written and oral communications, and interpret abstract information
- Strong computer skills and be able to effectively utilize the Agency's management systems
- Sound knowledge of rating procedures, coverage and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain and write assigned client and prospect lists
- Full knowledge of insurance markets is essential
- California Property and Casualty Broker/Agent License
- Minimum combination of insurance experience of 3-5 years in Assistant Account Representative and Account Representative roles
- CISR designation or equivalent work experience necessary to demonstrate same level of insurance knowledge
- College degree in a business field desirable
WORKING CONDITIONS AND REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS:
- Fast-paced multiple tasking, high disruption and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to perform 80% sedentary work exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and negligible force frequently
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees
MENTAL, PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- May require prolonged sitting
- Requires operation of a computer workstation, including keyboard and video display terminal
- Requires verbal and written communication
- Mental or emotional fatigue can be caused by travel requirements, continuous repetition, concentrated attention for prolonged periods of time, or lack of control over work pace or priorities
- Other demands may include: reading, watching, studying, observing, inspecting, proof reading, manual interpreting, operating office equipment, monitoring computer terminals, technical trouble shooting