Director of Nursing DON Location
Waco, TX - Greenview Manor Department
Clinical FLSA Status
Exempt Shifts hiring
Full-time Additional Information Incentive
$10,000 Sign On Bonus
Plan, coordinate and manage the nursing department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents. Ensure quality care that is consistent with company and regulatory standards. May be designated to assume responsibilities of daily operations of the facility in the Administrator's absence.
- Ensure nursing staff is providing quality and appropriate resident/patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget for facility.
- Monitor monthly performance of nursing services in relation to budget and intervenes as needed.
- Schedule and perform resident/patient rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
- Maintain administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments.
- Recruit, hire, provide orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out nursing programs and services.
- Ensure employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
- Develop and implement the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident and resident population.
- Ensure all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Evaluate current and potential residents and patients to ensure facility can provide appropriate level of care.
- Evaluate market studies and develops clinical programs to meet the needs of the community.
- Maintain regular and ongoing communication with facility Medical Director ensuring programs and care services meet the needs of patients/residents.
- Complete required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Manage clinical aspects of state or federal government survey processes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an RN.
- One to three (1-3) years of management or supervisory experience in long-term care, acute care, restorative or geriatric nursing preferred.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer.
Supervises nursing staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions for the position.
- Participate in (or conduct) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident's protected health information.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law.
Greenview Manor in Waco, TX is a 128-bed center offering a variety of individualized, health care services for our patients and residents. We are seeking a qualified and committed team member to join our efforts in providing quality care in all aspects of the patient journey. Please consider the following team member opportunity and apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.