Enterprise Sys Admin - Intermediate
AdventHealth Information Technology
Location Address: Orlando FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
- Great benefits
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Award-winning IT Department
Full-Time, Monday - Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- System Administration
- Demonstrates ability to effectively utilize working knowledge of operating systems, networks, web, operations, databases, telecommunications, and desktop technology to identity issues and communicate with project team and customer.
- Demonstrates proficient technical knowledge in areas of assigned systems including applications, technology, and business/operational practices.
- Successfully assesses project risks and formulates mitigation plans, and delivers successful projects in a timely and cost-efficient manner as shown by project statistics.
- Prepares technical documentation as required to provide information to other team members on appropriate server procedures with regards to implementation and support. Maintains an effective and accurate information resource library to include software, system documentation, disaster recovery procedures and related networking standards.
- Maintains high level of security compliance on servers and performs security audits to ensure compliance to established standards of security are preserved.
- Application/Tools Support
- Maintain host-based application security product on all systems within the organization, e.g. Symantec. Ensure all policies, standards, and processes related to the product are executed as defined.
- Communicates and coordinates downtime processes with any interested or potentially affected parties. Effectively prepares for downtime event, provides coordination for execution, and delivers post assessment & communication
- Maintains supported application at a current supported level. Ensure that updates are performed timely and with minimal disruption. Communicates changes & provides training/documentation to affected users.
- Performs effective system monitoring of servers in the datacenters. Design, support, and maintain monitoring solution that delivers accurate information on system problems, failures, or potential issues that may arise.
- Maintains accurate equipment (asset) inventory records, software inventory records, and system documentation.
- Maintains and seeks to improve technical expertise in all areas of end user and system support. Maintains current certification and displays continued growth in learning of emerging technologies.
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed to support active or new initiatives. Prepares documentation as required to train staff on equipment, procedures, and support of hardware or software systems in the data center.
- Works with department Manager to development and recommend short and long term technology roadmaps and industry best practices and trends as they relate to the server and application infrastructure.
- Interfaces with external vendors, auditors and regional technical personnel to solve technical problems, prepare post incident reports, develop best practices, troubleshoot problems, and resolve related technical issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Project planning skills.
- Proficiency in written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a positive and enthusiastic "can do" attitude.
- Strong customer service & support skills.
- Ability to gather, analyze, report and present information.
- Ability to learn new environments, design systems, and develop solutions with little or no documentation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Analytical skills to determine incident & event root cause.
- Ability to train & educate others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in IT systems and network administration.
- Experience supporting Windows operating systems.
- Experience supporting Linux operating systems.
- Experience with networking concepts & technologies including LAN/WAN technologies, network equipment, protocols & other communication systems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 3 years of experience in a healthcare information systems management role.
- 3 years operational experience in a hospital setting.
- Experience with SolarWinds monitoring tools.
- Change management experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- A+ certification. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted where appropriate.
- Server+ certification. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted where appropriate.
- Network+ certification. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted where appropriate.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certification. Extensive and proven experience may be substituted where appropriate.
Under general direction, responsible for managing the administration, maintenance development and implementation and support of tools & applications to support operational activities around monitoring, alerting and reporting of the IT environments. Works with teams to provide monitoring, alerting & reporting of hardware, applications and their services. Assists the technical teams in the design, creation and maintenance of information technology project plans.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.