Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our administrative team is looking for an entry level Administrative Assistant to help support the Midwest Region as we continue to grow. This opportunity can be based out of our Chicago, Columbus, Detroit, or Indianapolis office.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with other regional offices & corporate administrative staff on projects
- Hours of support across both Central and Eastern time zones.
- Handling correspondence as requested including, but not limited to proofreading, copying, scanning, emailing, document editing, report preparation and distribution
- Assist with redlining, editing, and formatting documents including, letters, reports, proposals, CV's, and Health & Safety Plans (HASP's)
- Complete and process Purchase Orders
- Maintaining high awareness of project deadlines and schedules to ensure early or on-time completion
- Assist Business Development Team /Pursuit Leaders with tasks
- Manage and file correspondence, including the safe storage of confidential material
- Forecast administrative and support needs, proactively handling issues as they arise
- Partner with administrative staff throughout the region
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of administrative support experience in a professional office environment is preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & Adobe PDF Writer)
- Display a high level of interpersonal skills including poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to work with little supervision and achieve superior results
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks, deadlines, and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters of correspondence, telephone messages and professional conversations
- Willingness to provide support wherever needed within the administrative staff regional team
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.