At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they're family. They're smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We're certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That's why we want YOU to join our family!
To provide readily accessible Emergency Care, whether it be physical or emotional, to meet the needs of our community regardless of ability to pay.
Formal Education / Training:
1. Earned an EMT-P diploma or degree from a college or university.
2. Licensed in the State of Tennessee.
3. BLS within 90 days of hire
4. ACLS within 6 months of hire
5. PALS within 6 months of hire
6. PTHLS preferred
7. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) initial certification (8-hour, non-physical training) within one year of employment; certification required bi-annually.
Emergency Patient Care Delivery
Equipment and Skills Training:
Standard patient care equipment for services provided. The ability to work well under pressure, to function dependently and independently and to be flexible in applying basic EMT-P knowledge to a variety of settings. Equipment: Network Computer System; Omnicell Medication System; Telemetry; Pneumatic Tube System; AT&T Language Line.
Emergency Department with patient population ranging from less than one year of age> ninety-nine years of age.
1. Able to communicate in English verbally and legibly.
2. Able to stand/work for up to twelve hours a day.
3. Able to lift with assistance up to 250 lbs.
1. Assists with data collection
2. Assists with the patient's care identifying and reporting problems/needs, and performs interventions consistent with identified problems as directed by the nurse.
3. Maintains their work areas and personal appearance in a way that reflects our professionalism and demonstrates to our patients, visitors, and coworkers the importance we place on cleanliness, orderliness, and safety.
4. Collaborates with appropriate health care team members to help coordinate the delivery of patient care in a timely manner.
5. Assists with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to areas evidence by adherence to policy, procedure and competency based assessment and no pattern or trend of problem.
6. Organizes assigned task and responsibilities.
7. Documents accurately and timely.
8. Maintains healing and therapeutic environment for the patient and family.
9. Maintains position specific qualifications.
10. Facilitates staff development.
11. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications.
12. Handles/ transports/ stores/ prepares/ administers medications/ solutions safely and in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.