The Human Resource Assistant will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization's human resource department.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides administrative support to the HR department.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to HR Manager.
- Maintains tracking of participation in employee safety program and calculates safety awards.
- As a backup to HR Manager, may assist with HRIS functions including processing new-hires, posting open positions, assisting employees with updates to information, entering promotions and transfers.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and external temporary employment agencies.
- Assists with employee onboarding.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Backup support to HR Manager in preparation of standard Human Resources related reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.