Our client, a small, but GROWING company in the energy storage sector is looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join their team. This position is newly created and offers the opportunity to grow with a dynamic company as the world increasingly adopts environmentally responsible energy solutions!
Develop and execute personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations. Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee programs. The HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping the company plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, training, development, and compensation.
- Recruit candidates and fill open positions based on company needs, including job posting, candidate filtering, conducting first phase interviews, scheduling interviews with appropriate management team for next steps.
- Market the company as an employer of choice to the open work force.
- Ensure legal compliance of state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required
- Participate in the development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relations to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of the employee handbook, employee directory, and organization chart, and contribute to the development of policies.
- Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and overall organization, and to improve employee experience
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver a positive first-day experience
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews
- Be primary backup for payroll processing, including: updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, importing expense reimbursements, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes
- Assist in benefit enrollment and manage communication with benefits broker.
- Schedule employee reviews with corresponding management team.
- Organize employee events and recognition with support from management team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of HR procedures and policies
- Excellent ethics and cultural awareness
- Highly proficient in MS Office, HRIS systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Human Resources required
- Proven experience working in HR department
- Additional HR training is a plus