About The Role
This is a Sales Agent position that is remote "mobile" meaning boots on the ground working with our niche educator market. This also includes a $40K base salary plus commissions and incentives along with a full employee benefit package (medical, dental, vision, 401K; etc.).
The Sales Agent position reports to the Area Manager.Job Responsibilities
Education & Experience
- Market, educate and sell HM auto, property, supplemental and life insurance products
- Conduct onsite workshops that support educators (Student Loan Solutions, Donor's Choose, etc.)
- Conduct group enrollments for employer sponsored plans
- Develop, maintain, and enhance business-to-business relationships with school districts and other targeted employers
- Initiates contact with clients and responds to service requests from clients designed to increase retention, enhance client satisfaction, and drive new sales (Household Reviews)
- Productivity expectations for marketing and sales results, measured monthly
- Extensive local travel required
- Experience within sales or customer service preferred
- Required Licenses: Company Paid L&H and P&C required within 90 days of hire date
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we've broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we're publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We're motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children's future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice