The purpose of the internship is to provide the student with supervised exposure to the work site or in the office to the continuing daily operations of construction. The Intern assists in obtaining, evaluating, coordinating and distributing the information and authorizations needed to construct the project on time, within budget, and to the quality specified.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
• Obtain information and approvals for processing of shop drawings and submittals.
• Control of documents including but not limited to RFI postings and slip-sheeting contract documents.
• Distribute information required for construction to appropriate parties.
• Assist in preparation of a contract items list.
• Ensure that materials and equipment are released for fabrication or manufacture in time to meet the construction schedule.
• Prepare estimates for the changes in the work from subcontractors.
• Assist in the preparation of final records for the project.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.Job Requirements:
Currently enrolled college student: Sophomore, Junior or Senior status not graduating before December 2021
Construction Management/Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Architecture or other Engineering major with a minimum 2.8 grade point average. Intense interest and passion for the Construction Industry and a desire to work in a team environment within the construction field. Superior communication skills and the ability to influence and lead others. Previous experience in construction or construction management strongly preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities/ sexual orientation / gender identity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor