Position Title: Japanese Bilingual Office Assistant/ Part-Time
Location: Torrance, CA
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: 30 hours a week (Part-Time)
As the Office Assistant, you will be performing administrative tasks to support Human Resources Manager and President. The duties include assisting in preparation of human resources files, records, and documents with translation involved, and providing sales administration support to President for his major key accounts such as reports and data entry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT ARE LIMITED TO:
• Perform document translations of HR policies and other related documentation (mainly from English to Japanese).
• Provide administrative support to President with his key account in sales; by compiling data and reports, maintaining records, scheduling conferences and meetings, assisting with research and data analysis and attend internal meetings to be a liaison and translator for Japan Headquarters and U.S. President.
• Maintain inventory of office supplies and place news orders of items to replenish.
• Organize and maintain clean office space (reception, kitchen, break room, meeting room).
• Answer phone calls, sort and distribute incoming mails; arrange and send out outgoing mails.
• Handle travel arrangement for business trips and trade shows on behalf of employees by booking accommodation and reservation needs (lodging, transportation).
• Assist in researching and data-gathering for special projects.
• Greet visitors and direct to the meeting rooms while notifying the meeting employees.
• Prepare meeting rooms for scheduled meetings, serve beverage, and conclude with cleanup after meetings.
• Maintain filing systems and recordkeeping.
• Provide clerical support to other departments as needed.
• Other projects and duties as requested by President and Human Resources Manager.
• Minimum 1 year of Office Administration (Office Assistant, Sales Support or related experience).
• Bilingual Japanese and English skills (reading, writing, speaking)
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.