Entry level construction field position assisting the Construction Manager, Construction Field Assistant and community team with all construction related duties and customer communications. This position is designed to be a temporary role that allows for adequate time and exposure to the general construction processes with a goal to be promoted within the team to enhance and support a solid career path on the construction team.
Responsible for daily overall model maintenance management, presentation and model systems functionality. Assist in communication with customers on home building progress from contract through delivery. Conduct daily community walks with a focus on safety and overall community cleanliness. Cross training in other disciplines (customer care, forward planning) as needed, enabling candidate to progress into other positions within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Construction Manager with all construction responsibilities including the supervision and scheduling of trade partners from trench to customer move in.
- Create a TDH experience for our current and prospective customers with a focus on consistent and outstanding communication.
- Create a TDH experience for our community and Lennar associates with a focus on a safe and clean work site.
- To have complete knowledge and understanding of the model self-guided tour process.
- Requires daily Salesforce log-in for customer relations management and customer care case management.
- Daily monitoring of model cleanliness, system functionality, including the documentation and scheduling of repairs for all interior and exterior maintenance concerns.
- Thorough and detailed customer communications of home progress, written and verbal, email communication and video conferencing during the building process from purchase agreement thru COE.
- Prepare the home, schedule, and conduct Dusty Shoe walk presentations with customers.
- Help maintain a clean and safe community by conducting daily community walks, with a focus on safety and storm water compliance, using the Safety Pro/Storm Pro application to document findings.
- Attend weekly meetings with sales and construction to report model status, community findings during safety walks and customer communications updates.
- Attend and perform quality walks during the construction process to gain knowledge and understanding of construction practices. Help document and coordinate quality control repairs and follow up with trades on progress.
- Perform all other duties as assigned with an emphasis on quality control, community cleanliness, TDH customers and ultimately learning all aspects of the construction process.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 0 to 2 years of homebuilding experience
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Valid driver's license
- Excellent attitude and ambition to learn
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Strong work ethic
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
Ability to work full-time outdoors in the heat and cold; the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.