Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Lead Heavy Equipment Operator - Airfield and Street Sweeper - Qatar
PAE is seeking a Lead Heavy Equipment Operator - Airfield and Street Sweeper for an upcoming contract at the Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar.
The Lead Heavy Equipment Operator - Airfield and Street Sweeper will:
- Work with and supervise a team of airfield sweepers, ensuring that they operate all equipment in accordance with all safety guidelines.
- Rapidly respond and direct your team to resolve emergency issues as they arise.
- Develop the schedule and ensure all shifts have appropriate personnel.
- Work with the management team on all personnel issues.
- Collaborate with their team on development goals and personnel reviews.
- Ensure all airfields and any other paved surfaces (parking lots, roads, etc.) not including speed bumps, pop-up barriers, cable trays, cables or any other designated surfaces are cleared.
- Sweep with hand tools when necessary.
- Perform vehicle inspection prior to each shift IAW AF form 1800, perform other preemptive maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of equipment and notify management of any issues and/or breaks that may hamper operations.
- Provide the highest quality service to the Customer in accordance with program requirements, while maintaining safety as the highest priority to support mission activities in the SOW and be available within 4 hours to meet on the installation with Government personnel as required.
- Requires at least three (3) years of supervisory experience, preferably in an overseas DoD environment.
- Must have at least five (5) years of airfield driving and operator experience or similar equivalent construction operator experience.
- Must successfully obtain and maintain Flight Line Driving Certification.
- Requires excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Requires excellent people management skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and current passport.
- Must have an Active U.S. Government issued Secret Security Clearance and maintain it for the duration of the contract.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass CENTCOM medical requirements and maintain requirements for duration of deployment.
- Must be able to obtain a Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- HS diploma or GED required.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities in an OCONUS environment.
- Relevant overseas experience, preferably in the Middle East with knowledge of local culture and customs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit / 50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
PAE will never charge a recruiting fee.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement