Large Law Firm is looking to add an Insurance Defense Legal Secretary with 5+ years of experience for their Ballantyne office - First Party Property background preferred. Exceptional verbal and written communication skills a must. Must be proficient in Word and Outlook. The Partner we are hiring for wants someone with an insurance defense background and also someone who is experienced in e-filing in state and federal court
Th is is a direct hire position with a salary between $50,000 - $57,000 with A great working environment with a comprehensive benefits package with a company in Ballantyne area of South Charlotte
· Set hearings, depositions, mediations, and meetings for attorney
· Calendar deadlines for discovery, trial, etc.
· Scan and save all documents and mail into AIM [the Firm's electronic case management system]
· Prepare documents for filing with state and federal courts (motions, answers, responses, removals from state to federal court, etc.)
· Prepare documents such as hearing notices, mediation notices, deposition notices, notices of filing, etc.)
· Process all invoices for subpoenas, document requests, deposition transcripts, etc.
· Save all email correspondence between attorney, paralegal and opposing counsel
· Transcribe dictation for attorneys
· Update/Keep track of case list, trial list and closing of files
· Open new files - run conflict checks, request parties to be added to AIM, and set up new files
· Communicate with clients, opposing counsel and vendors
· Handle travel arrangements for attorneys
· Set up conference room(s) for client meetings and depositions
Bachelor's Degree Requirement: