At Affinity Health Group, we specialize in taking care of people: our members, our patients, and our employees. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits! Benefits include: Health, Dental, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401(k).
Affinity is currently looking for a Medical Office Receptionist to cover 8am to 5 pm shifts Monday through Friday in our medical clinics or 12 hour shifts (7am to 7pm or 7pm to 7am) in our 24 hour Walk-in-clinic .
Job Summary: The Medical Office Receptionist (MOR) is an essential part of a high functioning healthcare team that works in clinic and is responsible for making and scheduling patient appointments. The MOR provides friendly and professional customer service to patients and obtains and verifies patient demographics and insurance information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Follows opening and closing procedures according to office guidelines
• Serve as primary point of contact for patients
• Greets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner and provides any necessary instructions/directions
• Informs nursing staff of patient arrivals
• Obtains and enters new patient demographics; updates/verifies insurance and patient information, may require verification and pre-authorization by contacting insurance companies for services performed at the clinic
• Reviews all forms for accuracy and completion according to office policies prior to accepting
• Collects co-pays and balances. Understands and applies payments to balances
• Retrieves billing codes accurately at check out
• Schedules return appointments at check out
• Completes closing procedures by showing the day's total receipts, matches the day's transactions and completes deposits slips
• Maintains clean and orderly waiting area including reading material
• Schedule and reschedule appointments and make confirmation calls
• Works in conjunction with nurses to accommodate scheduling requests
• Maintains and updates current information on physician schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled
• Participates in quality improvement, daily huddles, and other patient care programs established by clinic requirements
• Floats to other clinics to assist as needed
• Compiles, processes, and maintains medical records of AHG patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements
• Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all patient health information data
• Responsible for maintaining the AHG patients' compliance with Disease Management, Wellness, appointments/scheduling, referrals and tests ordered
• Ensures that all patient medical information and records are entered into the computer database and checks regularly with physicians and other healthcare providers to make sure the information recorded is correct and or complete
• Possesses an understanding of the payment procedures of health insurance firms, HMOs, and government programs such as Medicare and Medicaid
• Coordinates with Non-AHG healthcare providers to forward any medical information regarding a patient
• Manages electronic correspondences from patients via AHG Patient Portal and Patient Prompt
• Manages electronic correspondences from patients via AHG patient Portal and Patient
• Add Call Ahead patients to the schedule (Affinity Walk-In Clinic Medical Office
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assignedJob Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Minimum of one-year work experience in a medical office setting
• Work experience with medical insurance verification preferred
• Must have valid Driver's License and be able to float to various clinics
• Knowledge of Fax-Com and Index-logic
• Work experience with electronic medical records preferred
• Microsoft word and computer experience
• Medical terminology helpful
• Must be organized and detail-oriented
• High school graduate or GED
• Works under general supervision of the Front Office Administrative Coordinator and Front Office Administrative Supervisor
• Overtime will be occasionally required. Travel will be required.
• Must have reliable transportation and an unencumbered valid driver's license to be able to float to the various clinics
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to satisfactorily perform these essential functions without causing an undue hardship for the employer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods of time, occasionally lift files or paper up to 30 pounds, operate a computer, keyboard, telephone, copier, and other office equipment during a normal business day. This position will require viewing computer screens and typing on keyboards for prolonged periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to transverse about the clinic constantly and may, on occasion, remain stationary for long periods of time. The employee must regularly communicate with others and is frequently required to operate a computer and other standard medical office equipment. The employee is often required to move up to 10 pounds and is occasionally required to move between 20 and 30 pounds.