The Claims Clerk will provide administrative support for claims managers and the claims teams.
- Collect, sort, code, and route department mail
- Scan large volumes of claims department mail and process into workflow for several regional offices
- Daily indexing by typing codes into Outlook email subject line for large volumes of electronic documents to be attached to claim files
- Process large volumes of emails and documents across multiple regions
- Check-run: will be responsible to print and then mailing workers comp checks
- Process claim payments
- Copy claim files to be forwarded at claim managers request
- New claim file intake and set up
- Completing first reports of injury and forwarding to appropriate recipients
- Document claim files with various notifications and claim notes
- Complete Department of Labor forms timely as requested
- Administrative support and help desk for in house claims document management system
- Maintain electronic claim files;
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests;
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Support of medical bill payment process and input of payments to claims system
- General Admin duties
- Responds to telephone and other inquiries;
- Written and verbal communication with medical, legal and governing agencies;
- Research, information gathering regarding claims;
- Prepare outgoing correspondence;
- Work directly with claims manager to handle all aspects of claims support through completion of claim file;
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- 2-4 year general office background preferred
As of September 1, 2021: Upon hire, candidates will be required to provide documentation showing receipt of a COVID-19 vaccine subject to requests seeking reasonable accommodation for religious or medical purposes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Typing and computer skills including all Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Well organized, high attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently and resourcefully with minimal supervision.
- On site - office environment