If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you're searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve's position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
The Application Engineer sees it all-design, manufacturing, installation and operation of our pumps and seals at our customers' sites in the oil and chemical industries. In this challenging position the Application Engineer (AE) provides real-time technical support to our customers, and provides recommendations for repairs, upgrades, and replacement equipment. The AE is actively engaged in troubleshooting problems and implementing solutions onsite at nearby customer facilities and at our repair center in Pasadena, TX.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Communicate the needs of customers to Flowserve and be the customers' primary source of information regarding design, application, installation, operation, and maintenance of our centrifugal and liquid ring vacuum pumps, and mechanical seals.
- Act as liaison between customers and Flowserve's sales engineers, reliability engineers, customer service, and manufacturing.
- Troubleshoot technical problems at our customers' sites and in-house at our Flowserve Quick Response Repair Center.
- Complete projects requiring both hands-on and mathematical approaches such as failure analysis reports, product performance reports, etc.
- Evaluate reports and data to support recommendations for improvement, replacement, or repair of equipment.
- Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring content, and style to the audience.
- Implement and administer the mechanical seal standardization and customer specification process.
- Help organize and ensure monthly Bad Actor meetings to maintain visibility on equipment performance.
- Provide technical guidance about successful installation and operation of our products, ensuring that standardized installation procedures are followed.
- Maintain data regarding customers' equipment and parts inventories, responding with appropriate actions regarding inventory reduction and consolidation.
- Maintain data in engineering systems; process engineering change notices; submit corrective action reports; and maintain current, accurate, organized files.
- Help conduct technical training as needed for our customers.
- BS Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree required.
- Knowledge of the design, materials, and operational requirements of mechanical seals and rotating equipment, especially centrifugal and liquid ring vacuum pumps, required.
- Must have a strong customer focus and project a positive corporate image.
- Must be a team player, able to problem-solve and work with constructively with customers and co-workers.
- Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate and savvy.
- Local travel using personal vehicle, and some overnight travel required.
- Some physical activity required (e.g., walking large customer sites, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities).
- May be required to meet certain medical and physical requirements to perform duties on customer operating facilities.
Preferred Experience / Skills: Preferred:
- All levels of experience will be considered, including new grads and mid-career. In-plant operations experience highly desired.
Job Advertising Title: On-Site Applications Engineer
Primary Posting Location: Pasadena, Texas US
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 55274BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to employment@. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.