The successful candidate will join my clients operation as an Operations Manager where you will ensure the service and performance of the contract in line with the customer's expectations aswell as ensure control costs and ensure the timely submission of financial reports. The role of the Operations Manager is also to ensure service level targets are achieved and exceeded whilst minimising delivery and collection costs in line with budget/forecasts.
Our client, based near Swanley is a specialist FMCG business who specialise in goods from many high street retailers and industry sectors including homeware, high street fashion, optical lenses, pharmacy items and jewellery along with legal documents, the UK Government and foreign embassies for identity documents and visas.
The successful Operations Manager will join my clients operation near Swanley where you will undertake the following roles and responsibilities:
- To ensure consistent and compliant service is delivered both the warehouse and deliveries ensuring operational excellence.
- Work with compliance team and all site stakeholders
- Ensure SOPS fully delivered and understood by all operational management teams warehouse colleagues and delivery drivers
- Work closely with customer
- Support new initiatives to improve the quality of performance
- Ensure all H&S compliance is supported
- Ensure the contract achieves overall contribution within the P&L Main Responsibilities:
- Compliance through SOPS and MI reports from Business Intelligence
- Delivery team training
- Delivery team compliance
- Supporting costs in line with budget
- Support delivery team recruitment
- Support the warehouse and transport teams in delivering their productivity targets
- Support the training of new operational colleagues that join the contract Knowledge, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will live within a commutable distance to Swanley and you will also hold the following attributes:
- Previous experience in a management role within Warehousing and Transport
- Demonstrate high level achievement of service excellence
- Previous experience in financial budgets
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and other benefits.