If you are looking to put your Speech Language Pathology expertise to work advancing an incredible, life-changing mission, ChildServe has an exciting position for your to consider. We have an opportunity for a Speech Language Pathologist to join our team.
As a part of our talented, interdisciplinary team of therapists, you'll specialize in pediatric rehabilitation and work together to create plans specific to each child's need. With a wide range of diagnoses served, no two days will be exactly the same as you provide comprehensive, family-centered, speech language pathology services to children ages birth through 21 years in our outpatient service area.
Join our large therapy team and grow professionally through:
- An inter-professional team where you will collaborate with occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, mental health and many other services to provide a holistic approach to care.
- Leadership training and paid continuing education opportunities to support career growth. Most classes provided on site where you can chose your specialty or area of interest.
- Professional development and mentoring opportunities
- Mentorship onsite
- A wide range of diagnoses- no two days will be the same!
- The opportunity to leave work each day knowing you've made a difference
- Full Time
- 40 hours per week with flexible scheduling
- Clinic hours 8:00am- 6:00 pm
What You'll Do
- Administer appropriate standardized tests/screenings/informal assessments/clinical observations
- After reviewing medical, educational, social, and financial information, provide recommendations, referrals, and follow-up for each case
- Provide interpretation and/or counseling of test results to children and young adults/caregivers as well as ongoing feedback regarding progress
- Collaborate with the interdisciplinary team on developing, implementing, and revising the therapy plan of care based on initial and ongoing assessments, and as required by policy/regulation
- Develop individualized plan of care as appropriate to meet the needs of the child and young adult/caregiver including appropriate frequency and duration
- Provide specialized pediatric treatment activities to children and young adults
What You'll Need
- A master's degree in a Speech Language Pathology program and Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- 1+ years in clinical practice with pediatric experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements. If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the interview process
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great life.
- We're not your average non-profit. We serve 5,200 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We're moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a difference for kids and families? Let's move Forward Together - apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.