PR and Media Officer
required by a leading membership body in central London. You will help deliver engaging, proactive communications campaigns that challenges people to think differently about this organisation. You will be developing and delivering media strategies for a new report, to briefing senior staff and members ahead of interviews, to building and maintaining contacts with key national and trade journalists. Reporting to the Media Relations Manager, you will be part of an inclusive and multi-skilled team that provides communications support across the entire organisation.
This is a full time, permanent role - salary £30,000 per annum plus excellent benefits - interviews asap via MS Teams Video Call - currently remote working until the New YearDuties:
• Ensure that digital content supports and reflects the business strategy for each business area.
• Develop and deliver proactive and reactive media relations campaigns
• Manage and respond to incoming media enquiries, ensuring journalists receive information in a timely manner
• Develop and maintain relationships with key national and trade media so that the organisation continues to be the go-to organisation for experts
• Prepare fresh, engaging and targeted media material (Inc. press releases, media plans and briefing material for spokespeople)
• Research and monitor the news agenda, looking for opportunities to communicate the organisation's key messages
• Monitor press coverage and help prepare monthly reports
• Provide regular media handling advice to senior managers and members
• Work with the Manager and Director to protect and enhance the reputation of the charity as part of crisis communications
• Work effectively with colleagues in the Communications Team so that media plans are joined up with digital, internal and strategic communications plan
• Process members' expenses using the in house system and ensure they are in line with published guidanceKey requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong media writing skills for the creation of press release/comments/statement/articles
• A strong news sense and the ability to turn technical material into non-technical outputs targeted at a range of audiences
• The ability to work well under pressure, and juggle competing deadlines
• As a team player, you'll enjoying getting stuck in and working with others, and have excellent attention to detail
• Previous experience working in a busy press office is essential. (Some in-house experience is preferable)
• Qualified to degree level or relevant experience is essential
• Experience working in a committee structure environment or membership organisation
• A professional qualification in media, public or government relations, or progression towards a qualification
• Experience of creating content for social and digital media channels.