Role: Production Planner
A-SAFE is a rapidly growing and dynamic environment where open mindedness, curiosity and drive are important. As market leader, A-SAFE is determined to hold its position and create many opportunities for continued growth and development. We have a true global presence including USA, Japan, Australia, Europe and UAE.
We are known for our innovation and 'can-do' attitude. A place where talent can thrive and develop as we grow.
We manufacture and supply our global blue-chip customers from our hi-tech operations facility in Elland. This is currently being expanded to create greater capacity for the growing demand in our products and our investment in leading edge technology and machinery.
The Production Planner will help to ensure our customers get the best products when they need them and reports directly to our Planning Manager.
* Agree and issue full production plans twice per week -100% ownership of the plans
* Achieve and maintain an overall 95%+ Schedule adherence with reporting on issues and corrective actions
* Maintain active, detailed schedules in Preactor
* Plan to achieve 100% asset capacity utilisation
* Achieve an overall weekly SO OT% of 98%+
* Maintain the flow of Subsidiary replenishment orders in-line with expectations
* Lead daily planning meetings with the Production team with sign off on plans
* Maintain an effective RM plan with all assets checked within expected parameters
* Weekly meetings with the Procurement Planner to proactively spot and mitigate supply issues
* Monthly review and analysis Production related masterdata
* Support the Process Engineers scrap KPI buy minimising change overs and achieving a weekly target of * Ensure that all Core orders are manufactured in line with MBQ requirements
Key roles and objectives:
* Managing, validating and creating work orders utilising available systems
* Building an effective, efficient and detailed production schedule for all assets via Preactor
* Ownership of schedule adherence, reporting on attainment and active plans for improvements and communicating issues/failures to the Production Manager
* Dynamically manage the schedule to hit critical sales order deliveries and communicate any potential issues
* Daily meetings to discuss plans and issues with an active and visible shop floor presence
* Translating feedback (from production) into changes/corrections to masterdata
* In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager and Toolroom Engineer control and plan RM schedules and any other asset improvement work. Minimising impact on availably
* Maintaining and updating Production related masterdata
* Maximise efficiency and output through changeover reduction, masterdata and focus on continuous improvement
* Managing (with support from the Planning Supervisor) Core EBQs and lead-times
* Strong planning experience in multi-line/complex production environment is essential
* Strong knowledge of MRP and other Materials Management techniques
* Knowledge of lean principals
* Knowledge & understanding of day to day planning/production activities & concepts manufacturing principles
We have a great track record of developing talent. Offering training, professional study support and career opportunities. Our benefits package includes up to 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, competitive salary, pension, flex start and finish, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by us from an agency will be treated as a gift and not eligible for any fee