Role: Production Planning Manager
A-SAFE is a rapidly growing and dynamic environment where open mindedness, curiosity and drive are important. As market leader, A-SAFE is determined to hold its position and create many opportunities for continued growth and development. We have a true global presence including USA, Japan, Australia, Europe and UAE.
We are known for our innovation and 'can-do' attitude. A place where talent can thrive and develop as we grow.
We manufacture and supply our global blue-chip customers from our hi-tech operations facility in Elland. This is currently being expanded to create greater capacity for the growing demand in our products and our investment in leading edge technology and machinery.
The Production Planning Manager will ensure our customers get the best products when they need them and reports directly to our Operations Manager.
*Achieve agreed KPI's for the M&P functions across the business (OTIF,OEE, SLOBs).
*Achieve 100% launch success of new products.
*Deliver a process that provides end to end visibility for all customers.
*Deliver a schedule adherence (at machine centre) of 95%.
*Conduct bi-monthly reviews of product and production masterdata.
*Conduct monthly reviews with global subsidiary sales & warehouse entities.
You would be joining a rapidly growing and innovative business. We invented the first industrial strength polymer safety barrier, revolutionising workplace safety. We've been improving world standards ever since, introducing further advanced safety solutions, including our next generation Rackeye IOT safety device.
Global blue-chip companies use our products. Coca-Cola, BMW, Jaguar Land Rover, Amazon, Heathrow airport to name but a few.
At A-SAFE we put our values at the heart of the business.
1. We are Pioneers
2. We do the Right Thing
3. We are in it Together
* Take overall responsibility for production planning, schedule adherence and continuity of supply for production related raw materials.
* Lead motivate and coach the team to deliver a consistently high performance, to achieve their KPIs and meet their training and development needs.
* Responsible for service delivery of all direct shipments, managing the picking plan and priorities.
* Maintain product availability for all international warehouses.
* Manage global inventory levels for manufactured, bought-in products, raw materials and develop routes to reduce SLOBs.
* Review and manage demand vs. capacity, delivering solutions to mitigate bottlenecks.
* Play a key role in product life cycle management.
* Maintain a close working relationship with the Production management team with a focus on delivering efficiency, output and waste reduction.
* Assist the Purchasing manager with pricing and sourcing exercises for bought in products.
* Implement a vendor management/supplier performance system to ensure we are receiving the best possible service at the best possible price.
* Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Ensure IT systems in place are effective, maintained and review opportunities to standardise and streamline them.
* Proven production planning and materials management experience in a dynamic end to end manufacturing environment.
* A good understanding of the importance of OEE/LEAN/waste from a production perspective and how to effectively balance a plan.
* Experience of proactively identifying and mitigating bottlenecks and how to overcome them.
* Proven leadership and communication skills with a team focused approach to coaching and training.
* Experienced in the use of MRP systems.
* Experienced in the use and implementation of LEAN methodologies in a dynamic manufacturing environment.
* Previous vendor management experience for "bought in" materials.
* Able to persuade & influence others to adopt a common purpose.
* Effective decision-making abilities, self-motivated & ambitious.
* Flexible in approach and able to quickly learn & adapt to changing circumstances.
* Promote best practice and high standards including - 'right first time'.
Experience of production planning in an environment that experiences seasonality.
Experience of dealing with a complex product range that experiences frequent changes, launches and obsolescence.
Knowledge of Oracle NetSuite and/or Preactor.
An understanding and experience of working capital/inventory/SLOBs.
Previous customer service experience and an understanding of how commercial pressures can impact the supply chain and vice versa.
We have a great track record of developing talent. Offering training, professional study support and career opportunities. Our benefits package includes up to 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, competitive salary, pension, flex start and finish, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE. We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by us from an agency will be treated as a gift and not eligible for any fee