Quality Team Leader - Permanent
On behalf of our client, a recognised world leader in the manufacture of their product operating in over 30 countries worldwide, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Team Leader with Quality experience to guide our Quality Technicians, provide support and ensure that our quality inspection activities are conducted in an accurate and timely manner.
· Be responsible for the co-ordinating and supervising the Quality Technicians to meet company requirements.
· Monitor and plan activities ensuring that any resource deficiencies are brought to the attention of management.
· Identify and implement improvements to working and inspection practices within the Quality Department.
· Undertake development activities and training to build personal Quality awareness and skills necessary for current and future roles.
· Ensure, and maintain written instructions and procedures essential to the running of the department are accurate and clear
· Liaise with the Research and Design and Operations Development Departments to ensure that the quality requirements of new and developed products are understood and documented
· Ensure that the attendance and training records of the Quality Technicians are maintained.
· Ensure that discipline is maintained in the workplace through coaching and the company's disciplinary policy.
· Ensure build & quality standards are maintained (including ISO9001/14001/45001)
· Maintain training matrix and records
· Facilitate problem solving and collaboration
· Enforce the company's policies and procedures, Health and Safety, quality, discipline etc.
· Motivate and inspire staff to achieve defined activities efficiently & on time
· Be the first point of contact for any grievance raised by staff
· Be a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
· Be assertive, decisive, an innovative and creative thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
· Have good planning and organisational skills.
· Actively follow policies including 'Equal Opportunities'
· Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
All candidates will undergo 10 year security screening including DBS Checks.
• 25-days holiday plus bank holidays, increases to 30 days plus bank holidays after 5-years
• Employee/Employer Pensions Contribution (4.5% ER)
• Money-back Health scheme (physical and mental health support)
• Half day & casual dress on a Friday
• On-site parking
• Sick pay
• Wellness programmes
The working hours are Monday to Thursday 0800 - 1700 with a half day on Friday 0800 - 1300.
Good communication skills are required as you will be in contact with both internal departments and suppliers.
This vacancy is being handled by Rachel Rawlings, Driving and Industrial Specialist Consultant at Pertemps Plymouth. Rachel has been working in the recruitment industry for 7 years and prides herself on working with her applicants and client companies to find the right people for the right job every time.
Keywords: quality control, quality inspector, QC, manufacturing, factory, production,