$2,000 Hiring Bonus
We are looking for a Respiratory Therapist who will provide professional respiratory therapy services to children, in addition to assisting with personal care and skill development services as needed. This individual is an integral member of the multidisciplinary team that serves children in our inpatient rehabilitative service.
- 72 hours every 2 weeks
- Rotating weekends
What You'll Do
- Within the respiratory therapy scope of practice, physician's orders, and the child's care plan, make decisions and deliver a full range of respiratory therapy care based on the fundamentals of the respiratory therapy care.
- Maintain accurate, completed, and timely records as defined by respiratory therapy standards of practice and ChildServe policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively, respectfully, and professionally with children, physicians, families, school personnel, ChildServe staff, and others to assure assigned child's care needs are assessed, communicated, and met
- Stay current with all unit and ChildServe specific information
- Provide respiratory and related training to children, families, and staff as needed to help advance the skills and knowledge of all people associated with a child's care delivery
- Demonstrate good stewardship of ChildServe equipment, supplies, and environment
What You'll Need
- Certification from an accredited respiratory therapy program and current licensure to practice in the state of Iowa
- Registered Respiratory Therapist or Certified Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care
- Current CPR certification or willingness to obtain
- Ventilator experience required
- One year of experience as a Respiratory Therapist in an acute care setting preferred
- Pediatric experience preferred
- PALS certification encouraged
- Experience with tracheostomy care and changes preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language
- This position may be subject to COVID-19 safety requirements. If applicable, specific requirements will be discussed during the interview process
ChildServe has earned the title of Top Workplace every year since 2014. Here's why employees love working here:
- Our work matters. We partner with families to help children with special healthcare needs live a great
- We're not your average non-profit. We serve 5,200 children each year through over 30 specialty pediatric services in the Ames, Des Moines, and Iowa City areas. Many of our programs are one-of-a-kind.
- Our team members rock. Our teams are filled with people who care about their coworkers, and who believe that collaboration is key to providing exceptional care to children.
- Our learning never stops. As a non-profit dedicated to innovation, we're proud to help many team members gain new certifications, continue their education, take their expertise to the next level, and find new opportunities to advance their career right here at ChildServe.
- We're moving forward together. Experts across multiple disciplines work together to help kids get the best care possible.
Ready to leave work every day knowing you've made a difference for kids and families? Let's move Forward Together - apply today!
ChildServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer.