We Are Hiring:
We Are Hiring
Title: RN-Registered Nurse-Emergency Department (ED) Short Term Option
15 Week Contract Nights
Department: Emergency Department (ED)
Shift: 12 hour Nights
Hospitals: Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin, Dell Seton Medical Center, Ascension Seton Medical Center Williamson, Ascension Seton Northwest, Ascension Seton Highland Lakes, Ascension Seton Smithville, Ascension Seton Bastrop, Ascension Seton Edgar B. Davis, Ascension Seton Hays, Ascension Seton Southwest
Location: Austin, TX and surrounding areas
Join Ascension Seton as a Registered Nurse and have the opportunity to work in a culture that focuses on the mind, body and spirit of our patients and associates.
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's care needs with members of the healthcare team.
- May be required to be "on-call".
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Certified Basic BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing required.
One or more of the following preferred:
- Advanced Life Support.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Preferred experience of 2 years in an Emergency Department in an Acute Hospital
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.