We Are Hiring:
RN Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
Ascension Via Christi, St Joseph Hospital
Full-time, Evening Shift, 3 12 hour shifts/week; 1:00pm - 1:00am
Rotating weekends and holidays; Self scheduling
Up to $20,000 sign on bonus for experienced RNs!
Up to $15,000 sign on bonus for new grad RNs!
Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for our patients, team members, families, and the community. Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Ascension Via Christi that we feel set us apart:
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement after 6 months of employment
- Employee Match Retirement Plan
- Generous PTO plan
- Professional development
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Faith based work environment
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Kansas Board of Nursing required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
For more than 125 years, Ascension Via Christi has been providing caregivers rewarding careers. As the largest provider of health services in Kansas, Ascension Via Christi offers competitive pay and benefits, professional and personal training and development and an innovative work environment. We aim to care for our associates so they can focus on providing compassionate, personalized care to our patients, with special attention to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to apply today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Via Christi is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.