We Are Hiring:
Title: RN Float
Shift: Full-Time, Day shift
Department: Float Staffing (Floats to Surgical/Trauma, Hematology/Oncology, Acute Care Rehab, Respiratory, Emergency Dept.)
Hospital: Ascension Dell Children's Medical Medical Center
Location: Austin, TX
Our nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. Come build this department with us and watch it grow!
If you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join the Seton Family Healthcare Team!
Now more than ever, our Ascension care teams are all united by a common goal: to provide compassionate, personalized care for all - especially now, when our communities need us most. We invite heroes like you, to join us as we continue to provide care for our patients and communities without interruption.
At Ascension, we work together to achieve a highly collaborative team environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Ascension that we feel set us apart. Other reasons to join the Dell Children's team include:
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: In the 2019 fiscal year, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's care needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all. We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas, including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Seton is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This Ministry does not participate in E-Verify and therefore cannot employ STEM OPT candidates.