Secretary I AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits available Day One
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Part Time Days
20 hours a week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Appropriately answers the phone, directs calls and takes messages.
- Maintains a pleasant, caring attitude when greeting customers and patients.
- Types, edits, proofreads and distributes reports and documents.
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of the Medical Center.
- Demonstrates professionalism and accountability.
- Models ethical behavior in decision making.
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Sets up and accurately maintains files both electronically as well as paper files. Maintains logs, reports and records.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Under the general direction of the department Manager, this position is responsible for communicating with internal and external customers, scheduling appointments, providing general administrative support to the department and has a wide range of duties including (but not exclusively);
- Answering telephone calls
- Meeting and greeting guest to the department
- Scheduling appointments
- Ordering supplies
- General administrative filing, faxing, mailing, and photocopying
- Distributing mail
- Typing letters, educational materials, reports, etc
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.