The role of Installation Engineer sits within Enterprise Services. The employee will be involved in the installation of a range of security systems. They will have a strong understanding of a range of security products including access control and IP CCTV and the underpinning theory as to how they operate. The Installation Engineer must be fully conversant in not only the physical installation of security systems but also have the ability to understand design and installation documentation to ensure that all hardware is deployed according to the design and the client's requirements. As part of this role the engineer must also have an understanding of structured cabling installation as they may be involved in installing the network infrastructure the security system sits on / or aid in the installation of structured cabling systems alongside others as part of the works.
Sudlows prides itself on quality of our installations and how we engage with the customer, as a customer facing operative the engineer will be expected to provide a high level of customer service in keeping with Sudlows standards as well as providing clear and concise communication both internally and externally. The highest levels of workmanship are expected as standard as well as strict adherence to our health and safety standards. All engineers are expected to be able to follow company processes relating to work generated documentation and our internal paperwork and systems.
* Installation of a range of Security Systems.
* Maintenance and fault calls on a range of Security Systems.
* Installation and testing of Structured Cabling Systems.
* Interpreting and understanding proposal documents, schematics and drawings.
* Accurate and timely completion of all work related documentation including but not limited to test results, commissioning information, drawings and O&M information.
* Ensure the highest quality of workmanship at all times.
* Ensure accurate, clear and concise documentation at all times.
* Self-auditing own work.
* Interfacing with other systems and sub-contractors, in particular other security systems, the ICT network and life safety systems.
* Accurate and timely completion of all internal documentation as required in your employment contract.
* Maintain adherence to Sudlows health and safety standards at all times.
* This list is not exhaustive and you may be asked to assist in other areas of the business as the need arises.
Minimum Role Expectations
* Demonstrable knowledge of the installation of a range of Security Systems.
* Demonstrable knowledge of Structured Cabling Systems.
* Understanding of the interfacing requirements between Access Control systems and CCTV, Building Intelligence and a buildings life safety systems.
* Knowledge of both open protocol and closed protocol systems.
* Good knowledge of basic electrical principles such as measuring voltage and current drain.
* Good attention to detail and accuracy while completing documentation.
* Basic knowledge of IP Networking and good IT competence.
* Experience working to NSI / BS standards and processes.
* Flexible approach to working location and times
The role of Installation Engineer will be defined by and the role holder being required to gain and maintain the following accreditations at a minimum;
* Minimum 2 years installation experience.
* Minimum of 1no of either PASMA or IPAF.
* Current manufacturer training in a minimum of 75% of core vendor solutions installed by the business, i.e. Paxton, Hikvision, CEM and so on.
* CSCS or ECS card.
* Completion of screening to BS7858.
* Full UK driving licence