NORC at the University of Chicago seeks a Senior Contracts Administrator in our Chicago office. This position is responsible for advising NORC senior staff, particularly Research Department Heads on risk in NORC's legal agreements, in the drafting, negotiation, and administration of large, complex contracts and subcontracts, contract modifications, and contract closeouts. Working closely with NORC counsel, this position also advises on and monitors issues related to oversight, control, and compliance with government accounting and financial management requirements, and requires a strong working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), OMB Uniform Guidance, cost accounting standards and various reporting requirements.
While our main office locations are in Chicago, IL and Bethesda, MD we will consider remote for strongly, qualified candidates who are not in the Chicago or Bethesda market.
DEPARTMENT: CONTRACTS & GRANTS
The NORC Contracts and Grants department is composed of a growing team of contracts and legal professionals that handle a wide-variety of legal and compliance matters that are essential to NORC's business function. Our department consists of a mix of attorney and non-attorney contracts professionals and is led by NORC's General Counsel.
- Reviews, drafts and negotiates complex legal agreements with clients and contractors
- Works closely with NORC counsel to resolve legal matters related to NORC contracts
- Maintains official contractual communications between NORC and its clients
- Develops relationships with contractual and legal counterparts for NORC's clients and contractors
- Prepares proposal documents and advises NORC leadership on compliance requirements
- Advises NORC leadership on risk in contracts
- Assists in organizational audits
- Assures company-wide compliance with contract and regulatory requirements
- Troubleshoots and resolution of specific contract issues
- Bachelor's degree required (MBA or related advanced degree preferred) from accredited college or university
- 5 years of relevant contract administration experience
- Knowledge of Federal regulations, government cost accounting standards, OMB Uniform Guidance and federal regulations; strong familiarity with the full range of types; e.g. FFP, CPFF, CPAF, Time and Material and federal awards
- Ability to work with minimal oversight while drawing upon knowledge of FAR, OMB Uniform Guidance, agency regulations, contract law, accounting standards and principles to successfully develop proper response and position
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including superior writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while juggling competing demands for time and resources
- Deltek Costpoint experience a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors - including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated (as defined by current CDC guidance) against COVID-19.WHAT WE DO:
NORC is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we're known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.