Villa Park, CA Description:
Our client is currently seeking a Sr Systems Admin
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair servers and other data communication equipment, and associated equipment to support company business.
- Perform advanced PC and server operating system support.
- Monitor server, telephony, and network performance by identifying system and network events, security, and environmental alarms.
- Provides support for Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and various cloud services.
- Manages and administers System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Windows Deployment Tools and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Automates tasks and writes scripts using Microsoft PowerShell.
- Responds to, updates, and closes help desk tickets generated by internal customers.
- Gives support for Operations department, especially with server and network monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- Reports potential problem areas that may adversely affect PC, server, telephony, and network performance to the Information Technology Manager.
- Designs, configures, installs and maintains all network components Local Area Network/ Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN) including routers, firewalls, VPN configurations, hubs, and switches. Researches and evaluates new technologies.
- Gathers performance statistics and creates documentation on system configuration.
- Helps with development, implementation and testing of data contingency/disaster recovery planning.
- Prepares status reporting required by Management.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possesses the Ability To:
- Build, configure, and upgrade servers in an enterprise environment.
- Provide technical support, hardware and software installs, and advanced troubleshooting in various PC and server operating systems environments.
- Work independently and with cross-functional teams, to troubleshoot complex issues or complete project deliverables.
- Organize and perform effectively on multi-task assignments or projects.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Handle internet technical issues (connectivity and usability).
- Timely respond to calls in off hours.
- Utilize computer and appropriate software (e.g. Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and job specific applications/systems to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience is required.
- 6 years of progressive experience in Microsoft Office 365, PC Windows, Windows servers, exchange, and networking is required.
- 6 years of progressive data communication experience, especially in the area of e-mail management, wireless networking and Voice Over IP (VOIP) networks is required.
- 3 years of experience in advanced analyzes of incidents and lead in the troubleshooting of enterprise impacting issues is required.
- 3 years of experience working with vendors and business partners is required.
- 2 years of experience planning, designing, building, presenting, and supporting enterprise infrastructure solutions is required.
- Windows 7, Windows 10 and above administration, with Enterprise Server administration and network connectivity including Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), Windows Internet Name Service (WINS), and CITRIX.
- Server repair and installation of all components to an operational state.
- File Transfer Protocol (FTP)/Telnet, UNIX/LINUX, Internet, Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/ Internet Protocol (IP).
- Cisco/Juniper Firewalls, Cisco routers, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), TCP/IP, Routing Information Protocol (RIP), Exterior Gateway Routing Protocol (EGRP).
- Microsoft (MS) Proxy Server and MS Exchange.
- MS Office 365 applications.
- Microsoft Skype for Business or Teams.
- Wireless Networking.
- LAN/WAN topology and software including servers, switches and routers.
- Utilization of LAN analyzers.
- Configuration and installation of routers, switches, concentrators and cabling equipment.
- How to correctly fault isolate equipment issues and make recommendations.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at