Here, you'll help attract, lead, support and reward our most valuable asset: our high caliber people. Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Let's face it. Health care around the world isn't just changing, it's getting way, way better. There's never been a time when health care was evolving faster than it is today. Most people don't have much to do with how it changes or why. But if you work with the right team, you can be driving that change and making the world a better place.
The TA Recruiter is responsible for recruitment of candidates across a broad spectrum of roles. The primary focus will be on high volume hiring. Accountabilities include sourcing and screening candidates, acting as a consultant to Hiring Managers throughout the hiring process, and providing detailed assessments for candidates and recommending offer amounts using TA offer tools and processes. The TA Recruiter position manages the presentation, selection, offer, negotiation, closing and administrative components involved in making a hire. The TA Recruiter is also accountable for managing interactions with candidates in accordance with employment law and in a manner that fosters transparency, simplicity and respect.
- Conduct face-to-face and telephone interviews and evaluate candidates utilizing consistent templates and processes, leveraging behavior based interview and assessment techniques
- Present pre-screened candidates to management utilizing consistent process
- Demonstrate best practices and troubleshoot with team members
- Demonstrate diversity awareness and utilize sourcing techniques that reach diverse population
- Clearly articulates the life's best work employee value proposition at all times when communicating with candidates and HM's
- Follow the sourcing process as defined by TA gated sourcing process
- Follow predetermined sourcing recipe as defined by job family/code
- Escalate sourcing challenges to your manager as appropriate
- Collaborate with sourcing to capitalize on short and long term marketing campaigns by function
- Share information with regard to outcomes in candidate flow (quantity and quality), market reactions and overall feedback with regard to overall awareness to local/national branding
- Pipeline candidates as necessary as determined by the sourcing recipe and roles recruited for
- Generate referrals through active engagement and marketing of ERP program to employees and cold calling
- Build credible presence with Hiring Managers and candidates, and answer questions about the Enterprise and the industry
- Move candidates through steps and statuses per candidate SLA leveraging correspondence library
- Debrief hiring manager and candidates throughout recruitment process in accordance with the SLA for the position
- Maintain market/business intelligence regarding function and business unit alignment. As defined by SLA for the role (Gold or Bronze), work with Hiring Managers to build overall understanding of position requirements, department goals, and organization business plan
- Assist Hiring Manager in evaluating candidates, offer negotiation, and overall process troubleshooting - including review and consultation of internal salary reference points, market compensation tables, and market intelligence in order to recommend offer package components
- Understand Hiring Manager / Business Leader point of view to communicate concerns and share ideas using constructive communication techniques
- Apply knowledge of recruitment related employment laws which includes underutilization criteria, moving candidates through proper steps depending on whether the candidate does or does not meet BAQ's, and providing gender and ethnicity information in accordance with regulations
- Develop action plans for aging requisitions and keep management informed of progress against action plans in a timely manner
- Work with Recruiting Coordinator to initiate offer processing including pre-employment background check and drug screening
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher degree completed
- 1+ years of end-to-end recruitment experience
- 1+ years of experience with applicant tracking (ie Taleo) and/or CRM systems
- Experience recruiting/hiring on a national, multi-site basis
- Ability to recruit for a broad range of positions and skill sets
- Bilingual Spanish/English proficiency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Prior search firm experience
- Knowledgeable of Puerto Rico employment law including EEO and Affirmative Action guidelines
- Experience recruiting for Healthcare or IT positions
- University Recruiting
- Proficiency in marketing/sourcing techniques to include: internet, cold calling, college alumni, interactive strategies
- PHR, SPHR, CPC certifications
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Talent Acquisition Recruiter, San Juan, #RPO, PR, Puerto Rico